High-quality surgical and clinical procedures.
We provide the utmost care to all of our patients because their health and overall well-being are our top priority.
Red Roof Fort Lee Animal Hospital takes special care and safety precautions when providing anesthesia and surgery, so we can protect pets from any potential complications.
- We have a strong skilled and experienced surgeon over 20 years
- We are a highly trained anesthesia/surgery team, consisting of certified veterinary technician and assistant
- We have the latest anesthesia machine and monitoring equipment
- We are up-to-date with the latest safe anesthetic protocols and standards; Protocol works patient friendly, smoothly, quickly, and can be reversed speedily.
- We understand the individual patient’s personality, tendency and overall health condition to reflect anesthesia
Here are our anesthesia practices:
1. Before surgery practices:
- A thorough physical examination is performed
- Blood work is screened (e.g. white blood cells, red blood cells, platelets, kidney functions, liver functions, proteins, electrolytes, etc)
- Additional diagnostics, such as x-rays, ultrasound and/or echocardiogram may be indicated for specific sick patients
- Safe anesthetic protocol and techniques are set up
- We keep our patient in a calm and safe condition with preanesthetic sedation
- We start fluid therapy by inserting an IV catheter to keep our patient hydrated, and make sure the electrolytes are well-balanced and the glucose level is adequate.
2. During surgery pratices:
- We Intensively monitor our patients and provide a level of care that is comparable to human medicine
- Electrocardiography (ECG/EKG)
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Temperature monitoring
- Pulse oximetry – monitors oxygenation of your pet’s blood
3. After surgery practices:
- We place the patient in a warm blanket, in a quiet area
- We monitor the patient closely, while they are recovering from anesthesia
Pain Management for our patients:
Our doctor and technicians are experienced in managing pets’ pain, and keeping our patients comfortable throughout the surgery process, and other procedures. We use pain management techniques such as injections, local anesthetics, transdermal analgesics and pain medications.
Surgeries we provide:
- Spay (ovariohysterectomy)
- Neuter (Castration)
- Oral surgery
- Abscess and wound repair
- Mass/Tumor removal
- Cherry eye surgery
- Entropion / Ectropion
- Stenotic nares
- Cystotomy (Bladder stone removal) / Urethral Obstruction
- Exploratory surgery
- Gastrotomy / Enterotomy (Foreign body removal)
- Hernia repair
- Patellar luxation repair
- Cruciate repair
- Fracture repair
Our team is continually educated in surgical advancements, so you can always be assured of the best service possible.
If you have any questions about our services, please contact us at (201) 947-5600.